Last updated: 09/30/2017
Welcome to the Sifi service! Please read these Terms of Service and Conditions (the "Agreement") carefully. Your use of the Service (as defined below) constitutes your consent to this Agreement.
This Agreement is between you and Sifi ("Company" or "we" or "us") concerning your use of (including any access to) our "Sifi" mobile app (together with any successor app(s), the "App"), and also our "Sifi" website currently located at www.getsifi.com (together with any successor site(s), the "Site"). This Agreement refers to the App and Site (together with any materials and services available therein) as the "Service." Please note that this Agreement hereby incorporates by reference any additional terms and conditions posted by Company through the Service, or otherwise made available to you by Company.
By using the Service, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement (which is 18 in most countries), or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement, and that your parent or guardian has agreed to be liable for your acts and omissions.
1. Changes. We may change this Agreement from time to time by notifying you of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting a revised Agreement through the Service. Any such changes will not apply to any dispute between you and us arising prior to the date on which we posted the revised Agreement incorporating such changes, or otherwise notified you of such changes.
Your use of the Service following any changes to this Agreement will constitute your acceptance of such changes. The "Last Updated" legend above indicates when this Agreement was last changed. We may, at any time and without liability, modify or discontinue all or part of the Service; charge, modify or waive any fees required to use the Service; or offer opportunities to some or all Service users.
3. Jurisdictional Issues. The Service is controlled or operated (or both) from the United States, and is not intended to subject Company to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or law. The Service may not be appropriate or available for use in some non-U.S. jurisdictions. Any use of the Service is at your own risk, and you must comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in doing so. We may limit the Service’s availability at any time, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction that we choose.
4. The Service. The Service includes a forum whereby users may either 1) sign up as a "Provider" and offer to share their own internet service with others by means of "wi-fi" or "hot-spot" or other similar service of their own and from their own internet service provider. ("Providers"); or 2) sign up as a "User" and browse and seek the "Providers" in their vicinity and contact them directly to request that they be allowed to share the use of the "Provider’s" internet service. Such listings or offers and shared internet service are provided by the users of the Sifi App, and not by us. We do not provide, sell, offer or otherwise make available any products or services, including internet service. We do not buy or otherwise acquire any products or services, including internet service, and we do not facilitate the sale, purchase, sharing or transfer of any products or services, including internet service. We are not responsible or liable for any such listings or offers to share or buy or sell products or services, including internet service or for any transactions or transfers involving products or services, including internet service, including the shipping or delivery or transfer or exchange of any products or any payments for products or services, including internet service, or for any dispute between users relating to any such listings, offers to share, or products or services, including internet service. Please use caution and common sense when sharing or otherwise transferring any product or service, including internet service, or if offering to make or to receive payment for any product or service, including internet service. Shared internet service may be unsecure and may subject the users to breach of their personal and private information and may cause the transfer of viruses, malware, spyware, worms and other programs that may be harmful to the users’ files, personal information and equipment.
Be advised, that the sale of internet service without a license and without approval from the Federal Communications Commission may be a Federal Offense or Crime, or may be a violation of other Federal, State or local law, and could result in civil or criminal prosecution as well as liability for monetary and other damages and assessment of a fine and / or incarceration.
Neither the availability through the Service of any such listing, offer or shared internet service, nor any promotional services that we may make available to the user who posted such listing or offer, implies our endorsement of the listed product or service or of the provider of such product or service, or any affiliation with such provider. We make no representations as to any products, services or listings, or any providers of products or services. Such information and the availability of any product or service are subject to change at any time without notice. You must ascertain and obey all applicable laws regarding the marketing, promotion, sale, purchase, delivery, receipt, possession and use of any product or service. We reserve the right to remove any user and / or any product or service listing for any reason.
You must ensure that you have the necessary authority and permissions to post any offer to share internet service or other listing, and to enter into any transaction or make any transfer relating to a product or service, including internet service, including, if you are not of legal age to do so, by obtaining proper parental or guardian consent. The legal age is 18 in most countries.
5. Community Guidelines. You agree that you will comply with all of our Community Guidelines, as updated by us from time to time, located at http://ww.getSifi.com/guidelines.html. The Community Guidelines contain, among other things, our list of prohibited practices and our rules of conduct.
7. Profiles and Forums. Service visitors may make available certain products, services, including shared internet service, and materials (each, a "Submission") through or in connection with the Service, including offers to share internet service, and on profile pages or on the Service’s interactive services, such as message boards and other forums, and chatting, commenting and other messaging functionality. Company has no control over and is not responsible for any use or misuse (including any distribution) by any third party of Submissions. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable or other information publicly available through the Service, you do so at your own risk.
8. License. For purposes of clarity, you retain ownership of your Submissions. For each Submission, you hereby grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid-up, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, transferable and fully sublicensable (through multiple tiers) license, without additional consideration to you or any third party, to reproduce, distribute, perform and display (publicly or otherwise), create derivative works of, adapt, modify and otherwise use, analyze and exploit such Submission, in any format or media now known or hereafter developed, and for any purpose (including promotional purposes, such as testimonials).
In addition, if you provide to us any ideas, proposals, suggestions or other materials ("Feedback"), whether related to the Service or otherwise, such Feedback will be deemed a Submission, and you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Feedback is not confidential, and that your provision of such Feedback is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction, and does not place Company under any fiduciary or other obligation.
You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to grant the licenses granted in this section, and that your Submissions, and your provision thereof through and in connection with the Service, are complete and accurate, and are not fraudulent, tortious or otherwise in violation of any applicable law or any right of any third party. You further irrevocably waive any "moral rights" or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each Submission that you may have under any applicable law under any legal theory.
9. Monitoring. We may (but have no obligation to) monitor, evaluate, alter or remove Users and their Submissions before or after they appear on the Service, or analyze your access to or use of the Service. We may disclose information regarding your access to and use of the Service, and the circumstances surrounding such access and use, to anyone for any reason or purpose.
10. Your Limited Rights. The App is licensed (not sold) to end users. Subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Company to use the App, we hereby permit you, on a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable basis, to install and use the App on a mobile device that you own or control, solely for your personal, non-commercial use. If you fail to comply with any of the terms or conditions of this Agreement, (i) you must immediately cease using the App, (ii) you must remove (that is, uninstall and delete) the App from your mobile device and (iii) you are prohibited from using the App on any mobile device until such time as we grant you explicit permission to use the App again. Please note that if you do not accept the system permissions that the App requires from time to time, you may not be able to use the App or certain of its functionalities. You are responsible for obtaining, maintaining and paying for all hardware and all telecommunications and other services needed to use the Service.
In addition, subject to your compliance with this Agreement, and solely for so long as you are permitted by Company to use the Site, you may view one (1) copy of any portion of the Site to which we provide you access under this Agreement, on any single device, solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
11. Company’s Proprietary Rights. We and our suppliers own the Service, which is protected by proprietary rights and laws. Our trade names, trademarks and service marks include Sifi and any associated logos. All trade names, trademarks, service marks and logos on the Service not owned by us are the property of their respective owners. You may not use our trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Service should be construed as granting any right to use any trade names, trademarks, service marks or logos without the express prior written consent of the owner.
12. Third Party Materials; Links. Certain Service functionality may make available access to information, products, services and other materials made available by third parties, including listings for Products and other Submissions ("Third Party Materials"), or allow for the routing or transmission of such Third Party Materials, including via links.
We neither control nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, any Third Party Materials. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to be a representation or warranty by Company with respect to any Third Party Materials. We have no obligation to monitor Third Party Materials, and we may block or disable access to any Third Party Materials through the Service at any time. In addition, the availability of any Third Party Materials through the Service does not imply our endorsement of, or our affiliation with, any provider of such Third Party Materials. Your use of Third Party Materials is subject to any additional terms and policies applicable to such Third Party Materials.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) THE SERVICE AND ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS ARE MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU BY US ON AN "AS IS," "WHERE IS" AND "WHERE AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES BY COMPANY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY; AND (B) COMPANY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE AND ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND THIRD PARTY MATERIALS, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND TITLE. ALL DISCLAIMERS OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "AFFILIATED ENTITIES"), AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
While we try to maintain the timeliness, integrity and security of the Service, we do not guarantee that the Service is or will remain updated, complete, correct or secure, or that access to the Service will be uninterrupted. The Service may include inaccuracies, errors and materials that violate or conflict with this Agreement. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Service. If you become aware of any such alteration, contact us at join@getSifi.com with a description of such alteration and its location on the Service.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: (A) COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, USE OR DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, THEFT OF IDENTITY AND PERSONAL INFORMATION, LOSS OF SECURITY OF SUBMISSIONS (INCLUDING UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION BY THIRD PARTIES OF ANY SUBMISSIONS), EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES; (B) WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, COMPANY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR FROM ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR TRANSACTIONS OR TRANSFERS OR SHARING RELATING TO PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FROM ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS OR OTHER PERSON’S USE OF THE SERVICE, INCLUDING FROM ANY VIRUS THAT MAY BE TRANSMITTED IN CONNECTION THEREWITH, AND INCLUDING FROM ANY DISPUTE WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE; (C) YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY THIRD PARTY MATERIALS OR OTHER PERSON’S USE OF THE SERVICE IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICE; AND (D) THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, SHALL BE THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY TO USE THE SERVICE, AND (II) TWENTY-FIVE U.S. DOLLARS ($25.00). ALL LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING IN THIS SECTION AND ELSEWHERE IN THIS AGREEMENT) ARE MADE FOR THE BENEFIT OF BOTH COMPANY AND THE AFFILIATED ENTITIES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS.
16. Indemnity. To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Company and the Affiliated Entities, and their respective successors and assigns, from and against all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, expenses and fees (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Service (including all Submissions); (b) any Products, listings for Products, transactions or transfers relating to Products, or disputes with other users of the Service; and (c) any violation or alleged violation of this Agreement by you.
17. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. Company may terminate or suspend your use of the Service at any time and without prior notice, for any or no reason, including if Company believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement. Upon any such termination or suspension, your right to use the Service will immediately cease, and Company may, without liability to you or any third party, immediately block your associated device(s) from accessing or using the Service, and deactivate or delete your user name, password and account, and all associated materials, without any obligation to provide any further access to such materials. Sections 2–3, 9, 12–13 and 15–25 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
18. Governing Law; Jurisdiction. The terms of this Agreement are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Texas, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and regardless of your location. You agree to submit any dispute that might arise in the delivery of the products or services subject to these Terms and Conditions, to the Courts of Texas, United States of America.
19. Filtering. We hereby notify you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Information identifying current providers of such protections is available online: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content-control_software_and_providers. Please note that Company does not endorse any of the products or services listed on such site.
20. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Service, please send an e-mail to join@getSifi.com. Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly, you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your e-mail correspondence with us. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
21. Copyright Infringement Claims. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that materials available on the Service infringe your copyright, you (or your agent) may send to Company a written notice by mail, e-mail or fax, requesting that Company remove such material or block access to it. If you believe in good faith that someone has wrongly filed a notice of copyright infringement against you, the DMCA permits you to send to Company a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA. See http://www.copyright.gov/ for details. Notices and counter-notices must be sent in writing to our DMCA Agent as follows: By mail to Sifi DMCA Agent, 169 Combine Rd. Orondo, WA 98843 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
We suggest that you consult your legal advisor before filing a DMCA notice or counter-notice.
22. Export Controls. You are responsible for complying with United States export controls and for any violation of such controls, including any United States embargoes or other federal rules and regulations restricting exports. You represent, warrant and covenant that you are not (a) located in, or a resident or a national of, any country subject to a U.S. government embargo or other restriction, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a "terrorist supporting" country; or (b) on any of the U.S. government lists of restricted end users.
23. Miscellaneous. This Agreement does not, and shall not be construed to, create any partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, agency or franchisor-franchisee relationship between you and Company. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, that provision will be deemed severable from this Agreement and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provision. You may not assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of your rights or obligations under this Agreement without our express prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sublicense any or all of our rights or obligations under this Agreement without restriction. No waiver by either party of any breach or default under this Agreement will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. Any heading, caption or section title contained herein is for convenience only, and in no way defines or explains any section or provision. All terms defined in the singular shall have the same meanings when used in the plural, where appropriate and unless otherwise specified. Any use of the term "including" or variations thereof in this Agreement shall be construed as if followed by the phrase "without limitation." This Agreement, including any terms and conditions incorporated herein, is the entire agreement between you and Company relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements or understandings between you and Company relating to such subject matter. Notices to you (including notices of changes to this Agreement) may be made via posting to the Service or by e-mail (including in each case via links), or by regular mail. Without limitation, a printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. Company will not be responsible for any failure to fulfill any obligation due to any cause beyond its control.
24. Apple-Specific Terms. In addition to your agreement with the foregoing terms and conditions, and notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the following provisions apply with respect to your use of any version of the App compatible with the iOS operating system of Apple Inc. ("Apple"). Apple is not a party to this Agreement and does not own and is not responsible for the App. Apple is not providing any warranty for the App except, if applicable, to refund the purchase price for it. Apple is not responsible for maintenance or other support services for the App and shall not be responsible for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses with respect to the App, including any third-party product liability claims, claims that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation, and claims with respect to intellectual property infringement. Any inquiries or complaints relating to the use of the App, including those pertaining to intellectual property rights, must be directed to Company in accordance with the "Information or Complaints" section above. The license you have been granted herein is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on an Apple-branded product that runs Apple’s iOS operating system and is owned or controlled by you, or as otherwise permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in Apple’s App Store Terms of Service. In addition, you must comply with the terms of any third-party agreement applicable to you when using the App, such as your wireless data service agreement. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of this Agreement and, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third-party beneficiary thereof; notwithstanding the foregoing, Company’s right to enter into, rescind or terminate any variation, waiver or settlement under this Agreement is not subject to the consent of any third party.